Travelling Tips to Kerala
Traveling Tips For Medical Tourists in Kerala
With a gradual increase in the influx of medical tourists to Kerala, it
becomes mandatory to have some handy Traveling Tips for Kerala Medical
Tourism. These tips travel tips for medical tourism will be helpful on your
- Do proper research on the hospital and choose the hospital according
to your needs.
- Make sure that you get the best quality health care service at an
- Thoroughly inquire about the hospital including its reputation,
facilities, technology, procedures of treatments offered and the
specialists of the hospital.
- Take a prior appointment with the doctors and keep the doctors
informed about everything.
- Do check out the weather conditions before starting for your medical
trip to Kerala.
- Keep all the medical documents in proper order like the papers of
your case history, former doctor's prescription, (if any), health
record, X rays etc.
- You should always have relevant information about the Destination
Embassy, your friends and relatives (if any) in destination city.
- Come prepared to stay and have treatments for a longer or a shorter
span of time.
- Inquire about medical tourism packages, special health travel deals
- It is advisable to buy some local currency at the time of arrival so
that you have hard cash for further proceedings.
- Have photocopies of your travel related documents like Visa and
Medical Tourism is somewhat different form general vacations so a
little more precaution and preparation gives you happy experience on your
General Travelling Tips
Traveling in Kerala is extremely exciting. And if advance planing is done,
it could make your vacations more halcyon and relaxing. The memories you
take back home are worth cherishing for lifetime. Gather all the necessary
information that you may require on your tour to Kerala and just follow some
very simple codes, some Traveling Tips to Kerala. What this can bring to
you, will be extraordinarily superb and an indelible experience. If you are
the one who does not wish to mar the fun essence of vacations and carry some
bitter memories then have a look at Kerala Traveling Tips and make your
holidays an affair of frolic and jubilation.
Traveling Tips For Foreigners Visiting Kerala
- Foreign tourists visiting India must acquire a Passport and a valid
Visa for their vacation in Kerala. It would be best if you make several
copies of these and other important documents and keep them with you for
a safer side, so that they may be produced when demanded. Also carrying
some ID proof document is always good.
- International travelers may be asked to make an oral declaration of
the luggage as they deplane at the Kerala airports. If you are carrying
a foreign currency of more than US$ 10000 or its equivalent, then you
might have to fill up a Currency Declaration Form. The best to way to
avoid this procedure is to carry Travelers' Checks and Credit
- Foreigners, if originate from Yellow Fever endemic nations, then it
is mandatory for them to carry a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
complying with the existing International Health Regulations.
- Be careful when you exchange your foreign currency into INR (Indian
Rupees). It is better to get the currency exchanged by some ratified
exchange agent. Many reputed hotels now have facility of forex desk or
they make arrangements it.
- Use your Amex, Master, Visa and Diner Card, as many hotels accept
these. Thus allowing minimum cash transactions.
- Foreign women should wear decent outfits, avoiding revealing dresses
with low necklines or beachwear. Avoiding foul language, nudity,
consumption of drugs and alcohol and intimate gestures of kissing and
hugging is always recommended.
General Traveling Tips for
Just go by these guidelines and enjoy a euphoric trip to Kerala.
- Kerala is tropical state where summers are really hot but winters are
pleasant. Hence it is good if you carry your anti sun tan creams and
lotions, head gears, chic pair of shades and some loose fitting cotton
clothes. The hilly terrains require a light blanket and some light
- The local markets of Kerala cater to all your needs. So why not
travel light ! This ease your burden and boredom of carrying heavy bags.
But yes, you may carry your desired equipments if you are undertaking
- Do give a treat your taste buds and pamper them by some exotic
cuisines of Kerala. Drink mineral water and resist the temptation of
eating at road side food joints.
- The temples of Kerala have a strict code of conduct. Many
International tourists and non- Hindu travelers are not allowed to enter
the premises of the temple. Footwear is banned in the temple premises.
- As photography is not allowed in most temples, museums and wildlife
sanctuaries, obtaining a permission or special tickets is mandatory for
travelers. Some wildlife sanctuaries even require permits for admitting
into the habitats of the wild beasts.
- Get your reservations done and tickets booked well in advance by
authorized travel agents to avoid inconvenience.
- Rejuvenating by Ayurvedic treatments is a great idea. Try out only
sanctioned parlors and ayurvedic resorts and holistic centers for your